Did you know that magnesium is the most abundant mineral in the body? Magnesium is vital to maintaining muscle, nerve and bone health. Deficiency in magnesium is also associated with increased rates of inflammatory disorders, which in turn are thought to increase the likelihood of developing serious conditions such as cancer.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, roughly 68 to 80 percent of Americans are deficient in magnesium. They even go further as to state that 8 million deaths between 1940 and 1994 resulted from sudden cardiac failure due to magnesium deficiency.
Magnesium supplements are a genuinely important option with known health benefits, commonly prescribed to those with certain illnesses including Crohn’s disease, alcohol addiction, and kidney problems. Magnesium is a truly vital mineral that everyone should consider taking if they are concerned about not getting enough in their daily diet.
Magnesium supplements come in a variety of forms, including pills, flakes, oils, and natural sources. Since magnesium is, after all, a metal; it would be hard for the body to digest without special preparation. Magnesium supplements, therefore, come in a confusing range of compounds, to aid absorption – and some have been found more effective than others. The types of magnesium that work excellently are citrate, taurate, glycinate, chloride, carbonate, and malate. You want to avoid oxide, sulfate, glutamate, and aspartate.
In order to make the hunt for the best magnesium supplements review less tiresome for you, we have compiled the best magnesium supplements, reviewed in terms of most beneficial and functional supplements that are research-proven and user rated.
Why you should trust us
We take health and well-being seriously because we know our readers do. Through our long experience working in health and well-being, we have developed a reputation for clear and well-researched information that our readers have come to trust.
When researching superfoods and reviewing the supplements many of us rely on as part of our lifestyles, we take a range of concrete factors into consideration. These include:
- Level of nutrient available and how appropriate that level is for the supplement concerned
- Quality of the product, including purity of ingredients as well as the quality of manufacturing
- Other health benefits which may be added to a product – often these are genuinely valuable, but we like to check whether they are just market devices not worth the extra money
- Consumer feedback about ease of use, taste, and other issues which we know are important in deciding which supplement is right for each individual
10 Best Magnesium Supplement Brands Reviews
10. Country Life Calcium Magnesium Potassium Supplement
9. Olympian Labs Magnesium Citrate Supplement
8. Doctor’s Best High Absorption Magnesium
7. NOW Foods Liquid Cal-Mag Supplement
6. Source Naturals Ultra-Mag
5. ConcenTrace Mineral Drops
4. Now Foods Calcium & Magnesium
3. Twinlab Magnesium Caps
2. Natural Vitality Magnesium Calm Supplement
1. NOW Foods Magnesium Capsules
So, what is the best magnesium supplement?
Ultimately, individuals are all different, and you may have spotted your ideal product in this list of the market-leading magnesium supplements. Our recommendation is NOW Foods magnesium supplements, because they do what they say on the package. No need to worry about whether or not other minerals are what you need, or could interact with other medications and supplements. Magnesium is a straightforward and important dietary requirement, so we suggest getting yourself a bottle of these great-value capsules the next time you are shopping for supplements.
Enjoyed 10 Best Magnesium Supplement Brand Reviews? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the Superfoodsliving journey.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.