Both Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin are purported as natural weight loss supplements with nearly same benefits and have received a lot of media attention recently.
If you have been looking for a supplement to help burn fat faster and are confused between the two, don’t fret.
We are here to help you take a closer look at the two supplements and decide which is the right product for you.
Are Forskolin And Garcinia Cambogia The Same?
Since, both Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin have similar benefits, sometimes, people confuse between Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin. but they are different. Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit, while Forskolin is found in the roots of Indian Coleus plant.
In this post, we will explore how Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin are different to one another & what are the benefits of each?
What is Garcinia Cambogia?
Garcinia Cambogia is a tropical fruit that is also known as Garcinia gummi-gutta or Malabar tamarind. The rind of the fruit contains an active ingredient called Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA), which is responsible for its much touted fat-burning and appetite-suppressing properties.
How does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
- HCA is believed to have a three-way action in supporting weight loss.
- It blocks the storage of fat.
- The extra calories that are blocked form glycogen that is stored in the muscles and liver.
- Increased glycogen signals a feeling of satiety to the brain and improved serotonin levels (that is stimulated by HCA) work together to reduce appetite and hunger pangs.
What are the Benefits of Garcinia Cambogia?
Take a quick look at some of Garcinia Cambogia benefits –
- Curbs your appetite naturally and stops hunger pangs.
- Studies have shown that pure garcinia extract with 60% HCA has the ability to burn belly fat.
- Shown to improve energy levels.
- Reduces stress levels by regulating the stress hormone known as cortisol and improves sleep.
- Boosts serotonin levels that help treat depression and anxiety.
What is Forskolin?
Forskolin is the natural ingredient found in the roots of the Indian Coleus plant which belongs to the mint family.
The tropical plant has been used in Ayurveda since ancient times to treat various health problems like high blood pressure and chest pain.
Research has shown that Forskolin can effectively help break down fat cells.
How Does Forskolin work?
- The active ingredient in this supplement called Coleus Forskohlii root extract, is an amazing weight loss agent as well as an overall health promoter.
- Forskolin stimulates an enzyme in your body called lipase that helps burn away stored fat.
- It has been shown to activate an enzyme called adenylate cyclase that is responsible for producing cAMP, that boosts calorie burning abilities and metabolism.
- It is believed to curb appetite and increase lean body mass.
What are the Benefits of Forskolin?
Its benefits extend beyond just promoting weight loss-
- Burns stubborn abdomen fat.
- Helps build lean muscle mass.
- Stimulates the loss of stored fat and boosts metabolism.
- Prevents new fat storage.
- Promotes healthy thyroid function.
- Improves blood circulation and unclogs blood vessels.
- Helps treat allergies and skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne and wounds.
- Helpful in the correction of digestive disorders.
- Reduces depression and sleep disorders.
- Aids in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and urinary tract infections.
- Provides relief in asthma symptoms.
- Improves immunity.
Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin – A Comparison
Both of these natural supplements have effectively helped people lose weight and improve health.
Choosing one over other is really a difficult question. However, we have listed a few areas to help compare and draw a conclusion.
Studies – A number of clinical trials have been performed that confirm the effectiveness of Garcinia Cambogia for blocking fat in humans. Whereas, only limited amount of research has been performed that proves that Forskolin is effective in the treatment of obesity. However, extensive and conclusive research is forthcoming.
Benefits – Garcinia Cambogia has benefits limited to just weight loss. On the other hand, Forskolin promotes overall health and helps treat other diseases and medical conditions as well.
Side effects – Garcinia Cambogia has a few minor side effects like nausea, diarrhea, dry mouth and headache. While, Forskolin has a few major side effects like low blood pressure, elevated heart rate and increased stomach acid levels. You should always first consult a doctor and talk about your condition before jumping on the bandwagon.
Purity – While choosing the right product look for atleast 50% HCA in a Garcinia Cambogia supplement. Garcinia Cambogia XT (Read review here) is an excellent supplement with with 100% natural ingredients and 80% HCA. The concentration of the active ingredient in Garcinia Cambogia is much higher than Forskolin, which has a minimum of 10% of the recommended level.
Forskolin Ultra Trim 350 is a highly recommended supplement with 100% natural ingredients and 20% Coleus forskohlii root extract. Always read the labels for ingredients and purity of the extract carefully.
Can You Take Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin Together at The Same Time?
Forskolin can be taken for a long period of time. While it’s recommended that Garcinia Cambogia supplements should not be taken for a period longer than 12 weeks. Both, Garcinia Cambogia and Forskolin are safe and can be taken at the same time.
Verdict – Garcinia Cambogia Vs Forskolin
What works for one might not work for others as our bodies and goals are very different from each other.
Hence, it’s hard to say that one product is better than another.
They are not miracle pills, but supplements. A healthy lifestyle and good exercise routine are the key to long-term health and nothing can replace those benefits.
However, when paired with smart products like these supplements, they can help you achieve your goals faster.
Enjoyed Garcinia Cambogia Vs Forskolin? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the superfoodsliving journey.