A little while back, we wrote about the benefits of the very effective antibiotic Colloidal Silver, but have you heard of the lesser known colloidal metal, colloidal gold?
Gold is of ancient lineage and has been ingested by Romans and Egyptians to improve the health of mind and body and balance mood.
Now, various studies are successfully supporting these claims since it has been found useful in treating various ailments in alternative medicine.
Here are some facts you must know, before you use colloidal gold –
What is Colloidal Gold?
Colloidal gold is a liquid suspension consisting of small, microscopic gold particles suspended in distilled water or any other liquid.
So basically, if metallic gold is divided into fine particles (sizes ranging from one to one hundred billionths of a meter) and the gold particles are permanently suspended in the liquid, the mineral becomes known as colloidal gold and displays new properties due to the larger amount of gold surface area available.
The color of the liquid is usually intense red or blue/purple depending on the shape and size of gold particles.
Colloidal Gold History
Even though “Gold Water” has been used by Europeans since historic times, it was first prepared by Michael Faraday in a pure state in 1857.
It found many uses and was commonly referred to as “Faraday’s gold” or the “activated gold”.
Since then, colloidal gold has been used extensively, all over the world, for several benefits like curing alcoholism, healing heart ailments, improving blood circulation and treating arthritis.
Colloidal Silver Vs Colloidal Gold
Though they are both from the Heavy Metal family, colloidal gold and colloidal silver exhibit different properties, as gold is heavier and behaves differently in the body.
Gold does not have any germicidal properties, but silver is reputed to be a broad-spectrum antibacterial.
Colloidal gold is known for its powers as an anti-inflammatory and is reputed to be a powerful glandular rejuvenant with increased longetivity, raised brain function and I.Q.
Some people prefer to take both colloidal silver and gold on a daily basis – the silver to deal with any bacterial conditions, and the gold to galvanize the body and mind. This is not harmful, since both are non-conflicting and equally non-toxic.
Colloidal Gold Benefits
- Anti-inflammatory properties– Research shows that patients treated with colloidal gold show a reduction in pain and considerable ease in the swelling associated with inflammatory conditions like arthritis, rheumatism, bursitis, and tendinitis.
- Enhance moods and improve cognitive function– Since gold is known to have a harmonizing effect on our bodies, it can be helpful for those suffering from unstable emotional or mental states like anxiety, depression, frustration, and sadness. It has been claimed to boost energy levels, increase will power, improve concentration and gain a feeling of euphoria.
A study conducted by Souhaila McReynolds and Dr. Joel Dill, published in the Journal of Frontier Sciences, showed that the subjects who ingested 30mg/day of colloidal gold over a 4-week period demonstrated dramatic improvements in IQ of 24 points.
Unfortunately, the subjects’ IQ scores returned to their prior levels between 1-3 months after they stopped taking the gold. Thus, if you wish to improve your brain function, consider regular, long-term usage of colloidal gold.
- Treatment of Tuberculosis – In 1890, the German bacteriologist Robert Koch discovered the bacillus that causes tuberculosis could not grow in the vicinity of gold. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in medicine for his discovery.
- Reduce joint pains and arthritis treatment – A study published in the 1997, explored the use of colloidal gold to treat patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Typically, the solution is injected into the patient’s joints, and alleviates the arthritic pain and swelling. Also read about Bee Venom and how it can help in treating arthritis.
- Treatment of Tumors – In a study conducted by The National Cancer Institute, patients suffering from advanced, solid tumors received colloidal gold intravenously. The study found that colloidal gold may help stabilize tumor growth in some patients or prevent new tumors from appearing.
Read more about the benefits of Colloidal Gold here.
Colloidal Gold Side Effects and Dangers
Colloidal gold is completely non-toxic, non-irritating and does not interact with any medications.
There have been no reported, unwanted Colloidal gold side effects or dangers.
Colloidal gold is considered safe in large quantities too, but should still be consumed in moderation.
Therefore, Colloidal gold has no side effects.
Colloidal Gold Dosage
There is no single recommended Colloidal gold dosage for everyone, as it varies from person to person.
The dosage depends on a number of factors, like your body weight and overall health.
Individual requirements will differ, so actual dosage must be concluded by trial and error.
For maximum absorption, Colloidal gold should be taken in the morning on an empty stomach, before eating.
How to Buy Colloidal Gold?
There are many important criteria that must be considered when selecting colloidal gold.
In all cases, a desirable material should have the following characteristics:
- Purity of gold should be at least 0.999%
- Smallest gold nanoparticles whose diameter typically measure 3.2 nm
- Made using the highest purity, sterile, reagent-grade, deionized water.
- Concentration: 20 ppm (minimum) of gold particles. Does not contain gold ions.
- At 20 ppm, the color of the solution should be ruby red.
- Highest particle surface area of any colloidal gold product available.
- Long shelf life and stable in a variety of conditions
- Chemical and Drug free
Don’t Confuse Colloidal Gold with Ionic Gold
Many companies are selling ionic gold, claiming to be colloidal gold. But they are actually different. In an ionic gold solution the gold content is contained in gold ions, not in gold particles. Ionic gold is really gold chloride, which is actually toxic to nerve cells.
So read the label carefully before purchasing. Ionic gold is easy to visually identify because it is a clear liquid, whereas the highest quality colloidal gold is ruby red in color.
Not FDA Approved
While the FDA does not approved the use of colloidal silver or gold, the products are GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) and available as over-the counter drugs, or easily made at home with generators—usually a pair of silver or gold electrodes and a power supply.
Placed in water, the electrodes are charged and the microscopic particles disperse in the water.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.