The Omega juicing machines are some of the top juicers on the market in terms of ease of use and customer satisfaction. Below we compare the Omega 8004 juicer and the Omega 8006 juicer to test the differences in effectiveness, durability and price.
The Omega 8004 vs Omega 8006
While the Omega company markets the 8004 and 8006 as two different juicers, the truth is that these juicers are exactly the same.
The only difference between the two is the available colors, with the Omega 8004 being white and the Omega 8006 being sold in a modern black and chrome finish.
This slight change in the finish bumps the price of the 8006 up $40 more than the 8004, but the clean finished look of the 8006 is highly desirable to customers.
What Makes the Omega 8004-8006 So Popular?
The Omega 8004-8006 is the top masticating juicer on the market for several reasons.
The slow speed at which the juicer pulverizes the produce allows the key nutrients to be retained in each juice created.
This is an essential part to a juice as most people are juicing in order to better their health. The resulting juice contains all of the natural enzymes from the produce that you need to keep your body healthy.
The enzymes also help to keep the juice fresher longer, which means you can save the juice for later in the day without compromising the nutrients.
Another reason the Omega 8004-8006 juicer is so popular is because of all that it can do.
From creating health-boosting juices to making pasta, there isn’t much that this juicer can’t do! Customers and reviewers rave about being able to replace several other appliances with this one juicer.
Key Features of the 8004-8006 Juicers
The full name of this juicer is the Omega 8006 Nutrition Center, meaining that this product is more than just a basic juicer. Not only is the Omega 8004-8006 able to juice a variety of fruits and vegetables including leafy greens and wheatgrass, but it can also grind, mince, homogenize and make pasta.
- The low RPM motor runs at 80 revolutions per minute, which ensures that the valuable phytonutrients in the produce will be fully retained. Since there is no heat being generated by the motor, the enzymes and vitamins won’t be destroyed during the juicing process.
- The Omega 8004-8006 only has four parts that require washing: the feed chute, the auger, the screen or one of the other nozzles if you make pasta, and the pulp bin. This keeps the juicer easy to assemble and disassemble as well as simple to clean.
- A built-in reverse feature allows you to reverse the flow of produce if you find the juicer to be jammed. Adding too much produce at one time can sometimes cause juicers to clog or jam, but the reverse feature allows you to reverse and unclog the produce without having to stop juicing and disassemble.
- The Omega 8004-8006 model is one of the quietest juicers on the market. The noise can be compared to a simple hand mixer.
- The Omega company offers a 15-year warranty for this juicer, more than any other manufacturer. This warranty alone is enough to tip the scales in favor of this model.
Omega 8004 – 8006 Juicer Specifications
Auger Length: 6 14/25″
Motor Power: 600 watts
RPM: 80 revolutions per minute
Cons to the Omega 8004-8006 Juicer
There is only one con that can be found for the Omega 8004-8006 juicer and that is the small food tube. Customers and reviewers often complain about the size of the tube, which requires fruit and vegetables to be cut into small pieces before being run through the juicer.
While this is a small inconvenience, the Omega 8004-8006 Juicer works with a smaller food tube to avoid clogs and back ups.
The simple solution to this complaint is to simply chop the produce as you are feeding it through the tube.
Keep a cutting board near the running juicer and chop your desired produce before placing it through the shoot. Due to the slower nature of this juicer, you will have plenty of time to chop the produce without having to worry about the juicer running without any produce being added.
Is the Omega 8004-8006 the Right Juicer for You?
The Omega 8004-8006 is a powerful masticating juicer that can do it all. Though on the expensive side at $260 – $300 this machine is more than a juicer, which makes the price more than worth it.
The Omega 8004-8006 can:
- grind nuts to make fresh nut butters
- mince and chop foods like a food processor
- process fruits and vegetables into homemade baby food
- juice any produce from wheatgrass and other leafy greens to beets and citrus fruits
- create sorbets or ice creams
- create pasta dough with an additional nozzle
Compared to other juicers of similar nature, the Omega 8004-8006 is one of the easiest to clean, simplest to operate, and highly recommended for those who juice several times a week. A product that does more than just juice, the Omega 8004-8006 is a terrific product with an even better warranty as well as customer satisfaction.
Enjoyed Omega 8004 vs Omega 8006? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the superfoodsliving journey.