We all love Smoothies! They are delicious, packed with nutrition and an easy way to get your fruits, vegetables and supplements with numerous possibilities.
You can have them as a grab-and-go breakfast, healthy meal replacement, supplement or anytime refreshing snack.
But when it comes to adding superfood to your smoothies, it can be a little overwhelming to understand the basics and make it an everyday routine.
And if you are not one to be fooled by restaurants and stores selling anything and everything in the ambiguous name of superfood, you need your own guide to stick to.
So we decided to bring together a curated collection of best blogs, articles and videos of smoothie basics, FAQs, and of course healthy and delicious recipes for all the smoothie and superfood lovers.
Superfood Smoothies Guide is for you, whether you want to lose weight, are recovering from a particular ailment, or just want to cleanse your body of harmful toxins.
This guide tells you the basics of making a smoothie, how to count the nutritional content of a smoothie, what bases and liquid combinations to choose that is right for you, how to store smoothies for later use, and what you should avoid adding in so that you don’t end up making a disaster and discouraged from a healthy lifestyle.
So let’s dive right in –
Table of Contents –
Chapter 1:: Smoothies or Juices. Which is better for me?
Chapter 2:: How to Make the Perfect Smoothie – Basics and Ingredients
Chapter 3:: Frequently Asked Questions
Chapter 4:: Detox Superfood Smoothies
Chapter 5:: Weight Loss/Gain Smoothies
Chapter 6:: Healing Smoothies
Chapter 7:: Post Workout Smoothies
Chapter 8:: Kids Smoothies
Chapter 9:: Pregnancy Smoothies
Chapter 10:: More Recipes
This is one of the first questions that come to mind when you decide to include smoothies and juices in your diet. Even though both have been the rage of late, it can be confusing to decide which foods to juice and which ones to blend. Take a look here to compare both and find out which one to opt for.
- Juicing Vs Blending : Everything you need to know- Reboot with Joe
- Green Juice Vs Green Smoothie – Which is better? – Incredible Smoothies
- Pros and Cons of juicing and smoothies – SFGATE
If you have been striving to make the perfect smoothie with the right blend of nutrition and consistency without compromising on the taste, read on.
Sometimes it can be tricky to get the nutrition matrix correct and you can end up adding in wrong ingredients – like too many superfoods in one drink or adding artificial sweeteners.
To get started on the right track, make sure to get your basics right. Understand the importance of each ingredient and customize a recipe that is simple enough for you to follow everyday while still being nutritionally balanced.
- How to make a smoothie? Choosing the base, liquid and everything else – superskinnyme
- How to make the perfect smoothie? A video guide – Quick and Dirty Tips
- The best order of ingredients to make a superfood smoothie – ONE GREEN PLANET
- Fruit smoothie basics – How to make your own healthy blend? – Relax Nation
- What superfoods to use and why add them in your smoothies? – Incredible Smoothies
- Top 10 superfoods for the healthiest smoothies ever – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Add more veggies and herbs. What greens to put in? – SFGATE
- Top 10 herbs for your smoothies – My Heart Beets
- Best seeds and dried fruits to add to your smoothie like flax seeds and almonds – Outside
- Keep it simple like – Buzzfeed Life
Smoothies can be healthy or unhealthy, depending upon your choice of ingredients and knowledge. You can pack a punch by adding your daily supplements, a lot of leafy greens, the right fruits, and ice.
It will not only hydrate you with ease, but also become your food choice for a daily dose of fruits and nutrition. But it is very easy to get carried away which will do more harm than good. For example, if you don’t know how to store your smoothie for later use, what supplements and protein to add, or what the worst sweeteners are.
If you buy in bulk, know the right combinations, understand the basics of storage, and have the right equipment – good health can be just a whiz away.
- Smoothie Benefits. 21 Reasons to consume healthy smoothies – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Know the best way to prepare and store batches of smoothies ahead of time. The ultimate green smoothie prep tip for busy people – Simple Green Smoothies
- Best supplements to add to superpower your smoothies – Just Juice
- How to add supplements to your smoothies – Livestrong.com
- How to use superfoods, seeds and nuts in green smoothies – You tube Video
- Can drinking too many green smoothies be BAD for you? – Incredible Smoothies
- How much protein should I add to a fruit smoothie? – Livestrong.com
- What are the best and worst alternative sweeteners – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- How to determine the nutritional value of your smoothie – wikihow
- Equipment needed – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Common mistakes to avoid – Dummies
- What makes a smoothie unhealthy – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
Most detox diets would completely deny calories and nutrition for days altogether. It not only leaves the body starving, but also causes hormonal and emotional imbalance.
But a superfood smoothie detox allows you to flush the harmful toxins, while still enjoying taste and nutrition. Understanding and adding the right superfoods is essential to getting the micro and macro-nutrients for the body, while enjoying the benefits of antioxidants.
Popular ingredients include leafy greens, berries, celery, and herbs like mint and parsley.
- Detox with smoothies – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- 25 Delectable detox smoothies – Prevention
- Guidelines for green smoothie consumption for optimal health benefits – Raw Family
- How to make a green smoothie – A crash course to becoming a green genius – Simply Smoothies
Smoothies are popular among individuals who are following a diet plan for weight management and boosting metabolism. Whatever your goal is, gaining or losing weight, you can customize the right smoothie for you.
If you wish to trim your belly and melt those pounds away, avoid add-ins that are high in fat, sweeteners, packaged juices or dairy products. While if you are on a mission to gain weight, add more nuts like cashews and peanuts, milk, and avocado, while avoiding store bought smoothies.
- The complete guide to losing weight with smoothies – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Check out the top 9 slimming smoothies from the Dr Oz Show – Doctoroz
- 7 Smoothie mistakes that make you gain weight – Womens Health
- Healthy weight gain with smoothies – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- 20 Weight gain smoothie recipes – Healthy and Natural Weight gain Blog
When you are recovering from a surgery, suffering from an ailment, or fighting infections, your body needs an immunity boost. By adding more anti-inflammatory foods, increased protein and iron-rich foods to your diet, you will power up your body and speed up the healing process.
- Boost your immunity with healthy smoothies – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Smoothie ingredients to reduce inflammation – Zelle
- 3 Smoothie recipes for inflammation and pain relief – Young and Raw
- Smoothies for digestive problems – Livestrong.com
You definitely feel charged up after a workout, but your body needs the right nutrients to fuel it. The best way to replenish your body is to provide it carbs and lean protein. Add some superfoods, good carbs, healthy protein powder and some water to nourish your body.
- How to build a post workout smoothie for optimal recovery – One Green Planet
- Superfoods smoothies to fuel your body with power – Superfoodliving
- 17 Ways to add protein to your smoothies without using chemical powders – Buzzfeed
- 12 Healthy recipes to supercharge your workout – Best Health
Smoothies are a great way to make sure that kids eat their vegetables and fruits in a tasty and nutritious way. There are certain ingredients that you need to be aware of which will boost your child’s immune system, improve brain power, make bones and teeth healthy and provide them with essential nutrients.
- Bright, colorful and easy smoothie recipes that your kids will love – Smoothie Ninja
- 5 Reasons to add flax seeds to your kids smoothies – Super Healthy kids
- How to make healthy smoothies your kids will love – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Brain boosting smoothies for kids – Babble
- Dentists warn as health conscious parents allow too many smoothies and juices: Popular drinks more acidic than vinegar – The Telegraph
You need calories and protein to nourish the baby and yourself during pregnancy. But you might not have all the energy necessary to prepare a complete meal. The easiest way to get your nutrition is by blending a smoothie.
But there are a few caveats that you need to be aware of, such as adding fruits like papaya and pineapple, maca and cacao to name a few.
- Best green smoothies while pregnant – Simply Green Smoothies
- Amazing fruity and creamy recipes for pregnancy – 24/7 mom
- Smoothie foods pregnant women should avoid and why- Incredible Smoothies
- How to add protein to a smoothie when pregnant – Healthy Smoothie Headquaters
- Fertility smoothies – A fun and delicious way to boost your fertility – Natural Fertility Info
- Top 20 superfood smoothies – Superfoodliving
- 10 Smoothies for glowing and beautiful Skin – Prevention
- 15 Smoothies that will soothe your angry hangover – Buzzfeed
- 14 Smoothies for an instant mood boost – Pinch of Yum
We hope to have motivated you with our Ultimate Smoothie Guide. So, dust off your blender and enjoy the benefits of quick and easy smoothies.