Most people today have heard that yoga is good tool to stay healthy, but did you know that it can also help remove toxins, relieve stress, and help heal and create harmony in both body and mind along with numerous other benefits.
Yoga is one of the most ancient and holistic ways to improve your physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Very often, yoga is just perceived as consisting of asanas (yoga poses). However, it is a complete system including breathing practices, asanas and meditation.
There is plenty of variety in yoga for all ages, sexes, and difficulty levels. You do not have to repeat the same set of exercises on boring machines every day or worry about injuries anymore.
Take a quick look at the benefits of yoga –
- Improves flexibility and posture
- Reduces stress and calms your mind
- Builds muscle strength
- Prevents cartilage and joint wear out
- Improves blood flow
- Increases heart rate
- Controls high blood pressure and blood sugar
- Makes you happier
- Improves focus
- Improves sleep
- Boosts immunity
- Prevents IBS and improves digestion
- Helps in weight loss
However, all of us do not have the luxury of time and money to take yoga classes at the studio. There are a couple of online yoga classes available to take from the comfort of your home and at your own convenient time.
What is YogaGlo?
YogaGlo is a website offering yoga and meditation videos to stream and download. They have an impressive list of renowed teachers and regularly add new and update existing videos. YogaGlo is considered to be the pioneer of recording live classes (and briefly patented the method too).
You can access unlimited classes 24/7 and choose from over 3,500 classes in a wide range of levels, time duration and styles.
How does it work?
The yoga class is first filmed in high-definition at their studio in Santa Monica, California (where you can even attend with the membership, if you live in the vicinity) and then streamed. It is compatible on most devices including iOS and Android.
YogaGlo is available at $18/month for unlimited viewing. You need to setup a monthly recurring payment to avail the service.
It is one of the best online yoga classes that has the feel of a real class plus the variety that suits both beginner as well as experienced yogis.
- Affordable monthly package giving you unlimited access to all of their videos
- Offers the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best yoga teachers like Elena Brower, Kathryn Budig, Noah Maze, Felicia Tomasko, Christina Sell, Richard Freeman and Seane Corn to name a few.
- Different difficulty levels to suit your requirements like beginners, intermediate, advanced and highly advanced.
- Wide variety of yoga styles available ranging from vinyasa flow, restorative, yin, meditation, hatha, ashtanga and many more.
- Filter based on duration, style and level to find the perfect class you’re looking for.
- You can also search based on body part. For instance, and if you need to work out a particular body part like hips, heart or any other ailing part, you can easily do that.
- If you are recovering from an addiction, stress, reduced energy, you can take a class focused on that problem. There are other focus groups available like detox, morning class, metabolism, heart class, mind class and many more.
- The Android compatible app is not very easy to use
- Only monthly subscriptions available, rather than annual subscriptions to save some money with long-term membership
Is it for me?
The YogaGlo videos are meant for anyone and everyone. If you are inclined towards holistic healing, yoga and meditation, this is one of the best options available – whether you are an athlete, suffering from injuries or conditions, want to improve strength, travelling or aiming for pre- or postnatal recovery. However, going to the studio can be inconvenient and DVDs can get boring quickly. This makes online videos one of the best options.
Since the app is easy to use, even a person without any technical expertise can easily benefit from it.
It significantly expands your options, allowing you to try different teachers, styles and lengths depending on your suitability. YogaGlo regularly updates and adds to their offerings some of the best teachers in the industry. It offers great value for the money with high-quality videos that are easy to use and effective.
Runner Up – YogaVibes
YogaVibes is another hugely popular online yoga video website. Available at a reasonable monthly subscription of $19.95, it lets you avail its huge variety of videos in the privacy and comfort of your home anytime. Subscription plans includes 15 days, monthly and annual plans. They too have excellent teachers like Annie Carpenter, Sri Dharma Mittra and Gigi Yogini.
It offers over 5000 classes to choose from, giving you the opportunity to practice yoga without repeating the sequence. Another great feature of YogaVibes is their partnership with studios and festivals like Exhale Mind Body Spa, Yoga for Athletes, and Wanderlust Festival that lets you travel to studios and offer variety like core fusion, pilates and more.
Similar to YogaGlo, you can choose a class based on filters like difficulty, style, length, focus and teacher.
Online classes are extremely useful for people short on time and money. YogaGlo offers deep archives with great teachers and suits every style and requirement. It has become widely popular over the years and has not once increased its subscription cost. I would certainly recommend it to all of my friends and anyone looking to improve the health of their mind, and body.
This is probably the next best thing to practicing yoga at a real studio, where you can get sweaty and motivated along with a group of people.