Have you tried diet after diet with no success? It’s become common knowledge that fad diets aren’t a long term fix and you need to adopt a healthy lifestyle for changes to stick.
When most people think of diets, the first thing that comes to mind is eating cardboard-tasting food and giving up the foods you love, like sweets. There are many superfoods out there that promote health and wellness and still taste great.
Who is Jon Gabriel?
Jon Gabriel, of The Gabriel Method, lost 103 kilos (or about 227 pounds) after a wake-up call by narrowly missing boarding a plane that was hijacked by terrorists on the fated September 11, 2001 attack.
Realizing life is precious, he decided that being obese was not a healthy lifestyle choice and decided to do something about it.
He spent a lot of time learning nutrition, biochemistry, neurobiology, and psychology. He wanted to become cutting edge in the field of nutrition and weight loss.
He also studied Tai Chi, hypnosis, meditation, neuro-linguistic programming, and even quantum physics, determined to find the mind-body connection with obesity and weight loss.
Jon lost this weight without surgery and without fad dieting. Shockingly, his body shows no signs of ever being obese, including no stretch marks. This astounds medical professionals due to the sheer amount of weight loss he had.
What is The Gabriel Method?
After losing this weight, he developed The Gabriel Method in 2007, which is now an international best-seller in over 60 countries. The book can be found in 13 different languages.
The Gabriel Method recipe book features nutritious and yummy recipes that are not hard to prepare.
He focuses on the fact that changing core, unhealthy ingredients, like fatty oils, sweeteners, and salts you can make a huge difference in your weight and lifestyle.
In addition to the recipes, The Gabriel Method highlights the mind body connection and how severely restricting your nutrition actually causes starvation and your body clings to fat. The book focuses on keeping recipes tasting good while making them more nutritious, enabling your body to lose weight.
Here is a comparison chart for Gabriel Method and a typical fad diet.
Reviews of The Gabriel Method :
There are a multitude of positive reviews of The Gabriel Method, ranging from letters and photos to videos.
Here are a few highlights:
“I have now lost 93 kg. I feel truly blessed I found The Gabriel Method. I encourage EVERYONE to read it.” – Tracy (weight loss 93 kg/205 pounds)
“The fear of gaining the weight back is gone, replaced with an understanding of how my body and mind work.” – Zelda (weight loss 38kg/84 pounds)
“I feel so good inside that I’m almost bursting out of my skin.” – Rose (went from size 22 down to size 18 in only 4 months)
“I am Living Proof of Your Book’s Success!” – Blain (weight loss 32 kg/73 pounds)
Chocolate Mouse with Chia Seeds
Makes 4 servings.
- 2 avocados
- 6 Tbs coconut palm sugar
- 5 Tbs raw cacao
- 2 Tbs whey protein concentrate
- 2 Tbs chia seeds
- Few drops vanilla extract to taste
- 1 to 1.5 cups coconut water
- Put ingredients in blender. Start with 1 cup coconut water add more if needed to make smooth consistency.
- Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for an hour to set.
- Serve with a sprig mint.
Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are little black seeds that come from the plant Salvia Hispanica, which is a cousin of the mint plant.
The plant is native to South America and has been around since the Mayans and Aztecs. Chia actually means “strength” in the ancient Mayan language.
Ever hear of the chia pet? It is made from chia seeds. Chia seeds can be easily added to your diet by adding them to yogurt, smoothies, or soup and sprinkled on cereal. Other benefits include:
- High in fiber. Fiber is vital to healthy digestion and will make you feel full longer, which prevents over-eating.
- Diabetes treatment. Because chia seeds slow down digestion, they can prevent blood sugar spikes seen in diabetes patients. Lower insulin also results in reducing abdominal (belly) fat, which is often associated with high insulin levels and excess cortisol. Abdominal fat is also one of the hardest types of fat to lose due to being layered deep.
- Stronger bones and teeth. 18 percent of daily calcium recommendation, 27 percent daily phosphorus, and 30 percent manganese helps boost bone health.
- Improved heart health. Chia seeds increase healthy cholesterol levels. They also lower LDL, triglyceride, and total cholesterol levels. Chia seeds also lower blood pressure levels in patients who suffer from diabetes. The omega-3s are also conducive to heart and brain health.
- Improved mood. Chia seeds contain large amounts of tryptophan, which is an amino acid precursor to serotonin. Serotonin is produced by the brain to make you happy. Sleep can also be regulated as it’s also an amino acid precursor to melatonin, which is important in sleep health and cancer fighting. The omega-3s are also important in mental health and fighting dementia.
- Cancer-fighting. Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, which fight free radicals (cancer-causing) and help repair UV damage in your skin.
- Protein. Chia seeds are a great meat substitute for vegetarians. Some studies show that they are more beneficial to sports players’ endurance levels than an energy or electrolyte drink. They contain all of the important essential amino acids like leucine, lysine, isoleucine, phenylalanine, threonine, methionine, tryptophan, and valine.
Nutrition Info for Chia Seeds:
1 oz or 28 g serving of chia seeds contains:
- 137 calories
- 11 g Fiber
- 4 g Protein
- 9 g Fat(5g of the fat is Omega-3)
- 18% of recommended daily allowance of Calcium
- 30% of recommended daily allowance of Magnesium
- 30% of recommended daily allowance of Manganese
- 27% of recommended daily allowance of Phosphorus
- Also contains a healthy amount of : Potassium , Zinc, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B3 (Niacin).