One of the many great benefits of maca powder is the known fertility and hormone boost. Maca is also an aphrodisiac, so add that with some raw dark chocolate, and you’ve got the base of a fertility and better sex smoothie. Since maca is beneficial to both men and women when it comes to fertility enhancement, make a glass for both you and your partner.
Maca powder is known as the Peruvian Ginseng, being that it resembles Ginseng when it is in root form and has natural health benefits like Ginseng.
History of Maca
The Maca Root can be found in the mountain’s of Peru and has been said that it was used to increase the strength and stamina of the Inca Warriors when the bravely went into battle, sometime back in history.
The Peruvians have been using the maca root for over 2000 years–talk about knowing something you don’t know. The people of Peru have relied on this little miracle plant not just for an increase in strength but also for hormone balance.
Maca Powder Health Benefits:
You may have heard the buzz about maca powder and how it will boost your energy and enhance your sexual stamina. But, let’s look at the facts, shall we?
Maca has many health benefits, but the one we’re focusing on today is fertility. After all, if you’re looking for this Maca Fertility Smoothie, then that’s probably what you want to hear more about. According to WebMD, maca is even used to increase fertility in livestock.
- Increased libido. Maca has long been known as an aphrodisiac in Peru. It can increase libido in both men and women, so share your shake with your significant other.
- Improved sperm count and volume. Black mama, in particular, can increase sperm count levels as well as sperm volume.
- Hormone balance. Maca is frequently used by women to help control menopause and PMS symptoms. It also balances hormones that will enhance female fertility. A study done in 2005 showed that yellow maca increased the litter size in mice. Other studies indicate red maca can help regulate hormones that are needed to achieve pregnancy. According to Chris Kilham, author of Hot Plants, “maca enjoys a very long history of successful medicinal use for menopausal discomfort, infertility, and sexual healing. The question is not whether it works—because we know it works with certainty—but how it works.”
- Erectile dysfunction. In addition to regulating hormones and increasing libido, maca can be used as a natural supplement in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
Maca root results in regulating and stabilizing many systems within your body including the circulatory system, lymph system, hormone system, muscular system, and more.
According to WebMD, Maca is also used for a multitude of other ailments including:
- chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
- improved athletic performance
- hormone imbalances
- stomach cancer
- to boost the immune system
So now the secret is out and everyone wants to know–Is it true? Will it really put a skip in my step? Speaking from personal experience, the answer is a big fat yes! If you have ever dealt with chronic fatigue, it can put a real damper on your day.
Not only are you struggling to get every little task done, you are also feeling constantly exhausted and drained. It is not a fun way to feel, and treating chronic fatigue without a prescription is optimal for many reasons.
Everyone is a little different, but most people say they have felt an immediate difference. Maca is not just a boost of energy, it’s also sustainable energy, meaning it gets you over that midday hump we’ve all experienced at one point or another.
You will not only feel more energized, but you can also feel more upbeat, more focused, and have more clarity. You may not be the type of person to just jump on the bandwagon; doing your due-diligence to make sure it will actually be beneficial to add to your daily health routine. Skepticism is healthy. That’s a conservative, smart way to be in life.
Maca acne treatment is also very effective as they have replaced other types of medication that are used for treating acne and in some cases it is also used along side with the acne medicines.
Needless to say making maca powder a part of your life, a part of your everyday routine, will help many people see a vast improvement in their quality of life.
That means no more dragging yourself around, struggling throughout the day to keep your eyes open or just trying to keep up with life in general. You might even start to skip that much-needed cup of coffee in the morning.
A Few Considerations:
- Always buy organic maca powder, preferably from Peru. Don’t go buying that synthetic stuff. ORGANIC MACA POWDER is what you are looking for.
- Maca has a kind of nutty flavor to it, it’s not bad tasting at all, a lot of people actually like the taste of maca.
- There are many ways you can prepare maca, the most conventional way is just adding the recommended amount into your blended juices in the morning. If you are not into juicing, then you can always mix maca powder into your morning porridge or oatmeal, yogurt, or just spread it on your morning peanut butter toast. Maca can be eaten baked or roasted or even prepared as a soup. Get creative, but if you’re mixing it into your cereal or any cold liquids, be careful to stir it thoroughly or it will just become a big clump of maca powder.
Maca Fertility and Better Sex Smoothie
- ¼ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ frozen or fresh banana
- ¼ cup peaches or mango
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa content) or raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 cup of milk (unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or regular low fat milk)
- optional: cacao nibs for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Garnish with cacao nibs.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoyed Maca Fertility, Get Pregnant and Better Sex Smoothie – Recipe? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the Superfoodsliving journey.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.