Need a quick jolt of energy? Then grab yourself some maca. A root derived from the radish family, maca typically comes ready-to-use in powdered form.
With a plethora of health benefits, from increased energy to hormone balance, it’s no wonder this superfood has gained popularity over the years. Maca certainly is one of the most effective natural remedies for boosting energy.
Do you doubt maca powder benefits ? Maca is a great source of vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins B12, B1, B2, C, and E along with a rich source of protein that is beneficial for vegetarians and vegans.
Maca also contains trace elements: iron, calcium, zinc and magnesium. Composed primarily of 60-75% carbohydrates, 10-14% protein, fiber and a small amount of fat, this may explain maca’s ability to boost energy as well as focus the brain.
Maca’s brain boosting power is exactly why this superfood makes such a terrific pick me up. Instead of reaching for a cup of coffee during that midway slump, utilize maca for it’s energizing qualities. I’ve been working to break my afternoon coffee pick me up with a maca latte instead.
Simply steam milk and stir in a tablespoon of maca and sweeten to your desired preferences. While it does have a different flavor and depth than coffee does, I find that I really enjoy the taste of maca & maca powder benefits, and all the health benefits are just too good to ignore!
Health Benefits of Maca:
- strengthens bones
- regulates and balances hormones
- increases fertility
- increases libido
- reduces anxiety and depression
- reduces the symptoms of menopause
- improves mental clarity and focus
- increases endurance and energy
The best part? You only need about 1 tablespoon of maca a day to yield it’s benefits! Maca is simple to add to your diet, but due to it’s slightly “malted” flavor, it is best in smoothies, puddings, raw sweets and juices.
Another great way to incorporate maca into your diet is by mixing it into raw goodies, such as these Maca Super Bites!
These Maca Super Bites get their energy jolt from maca, however carob powder also contributes to these Super Bites.
Giving the bites a rich, chocolate-like flavor, carob powder boosts the anti-oxidant and nutrient power, making these Maca Super Bites not only a great late afternoon pick me up, but also a tasty, nutritious treat!
Maca Super Bites
Makes 12 bites
- 1/4 cup maca
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons raw, local honey
1. Place maca, carob powder and Himalayan sea salt into a bowl.
2. In another small bowl, mix together almond butter, raw honey, and vanilla extract.
3. Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop mixture into 1 tablespoon balls and roll.
4. Let chill in the fridge to set.
5. Enjoy your tasty Super Bites!
Vary your Maca Super Bites:
- swap the almond butter for another nut butter (cashew butter is great!)
- use raw cacao powder instead of carob for a deeper chocolate flavor
- roll the bites in unsweetened, shredded coconut or chopped nuts
- try maple syrup instead of raw honey to sweeten
We have more resources about maca
Enjoyed Maca Super Bites – Homemade Goodie For Fertility, Hormonal Balance, Energy? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the Superfoodsliving journey.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.