The paleo lifestyle may be one way to get you on the path to better health, however it can also be time consuming, confusing and expensive to manuver and figure out. Below we have rounded up the 12 best paleo cookbooks to help get you started on the path to better health!
The 12 Best Paleo Cookbooks
Food blogger and New York Times bestselling writer Danielle Walker is back with her second cookbook Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple. Containing a collection of gluten-free and paleo-friendly recipes for simple meals, Meals Made Simple contains crockpot meals, thirty minute meals as well as ideas for creating new meals from leftovers.
- Make ahead options
- 8 weeks of dinner ideas
- Nutritional facts
- Shopping lists
- Suggestions on how to use leftovers
- Slowcooker, one pot and thirty minute meals
- 100 paleo-friendly recipes made simple
- Nutritional facts for each recipe
- 8 week meal plan
- Shopping lists
- A few reviewers have mentioned this cookbook being too advanced for a beginner with a lot of prep work required for certain recipes.
Called the “Paleo Bible” by fans and readers, Practical Paleo explains how eating real, whole foods and avoiding processed foods can improve overall health. With more than a half million copies sold, Practical Paleo is more than just a book about the paleo diet. Though there are plenty of tips and tricks for living paleo, including a “Getting Started with Paleo” and “Living the Paleo Lifestyle” chapter, Practical Paleo also contains meal plans as well as over 150 recipes.
- Over a half million copies sold
- Contains meal plans
- Over 150 recipes included
- Detailed chapters explaining the paleo diet
- Large, heavy book is not practical for most counters when cooking
Diet changes are hard, especially when you are eliminating food groups from your diet, which is what is needed when you begin a paleo diet. More than just a cookbook, Paleo in 28 offers you weekly guides as well as recipes to help you to embrace the paleo lifestyle in a manageable and successful way.
- Weekly meal plans for stress-free planning
- 130 tasty and simple recipes that require no more than 5 ingredients
- Charts to track your progress and plan your week
- An overview of the paleo diet to help get you started on the paleo lifestyle
- Contains simple recipes with less than 5 ingredients
- Uncomplicated recipes with easy to follow directions
- Over 100 delicious recipes
- Incomplete shopping list
- Some expensive to make meals
Michelle Tam and Henry Fong, authors of the popular blog Nom Nom Paleo, partner up again to create the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook. With more than 100 paleo and gluten-free recipes and over 900 step-by-step photographs, the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook has something for everyone. Whether you are new to the paleo lifestyle or a lifelong paleo eater, this cookbook offers innovative yet simple recipes to add to your diet.
- Over 100 flavorful, paleo recipes
- Over 900 step-by-step photographs
- Simple yet innovative recipes that even beginners can make
- Meal prep can be labor intensive for some recipes
The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook, written by Megan Flynn Peterson, is a simple cookbook with fantastic paleo recipes that won’t break the bank or take hours to prepare. With over 150 easy to make recipes, many of which take less than 30 minutes to prepare, The Big 15 Paleo Cookbook also contains allergen labels, learn by doing fundamentals and 10 must-make recipes per chapter.
- Over 150 easy to make recipes
- Different variations for each recipe
- Organized into 15 “staples” of the Paleo diet
- Great for those new to the paleo lifestyle
- Not all recipes are unique
With Well Fed, the focus is preparing high quality food for your body while showing yourself, as well as the people you feed, how much you care for them by offering healthy, delicious food. With the tendency to get complacent or bored with meals, which tends to lead to eating out or unhealthy splurges, Well Fed was created so that you can enjoy your food each and every time. Recipes made without any grains, legumes, soy, sugar, dairy or alcohol, Well Fed explains the process of the Weekly Cookup so that you have ready to eat snacks and meals each day.
- Over 115 recipes and variations
- Weekly Cookup for easy and ready to eat snacks and meals
- Flavorful dishes to fight boredom
- Some recipes require a lot of ingredients
- A bit intensive for a beginner in the kitchen
Searching for comfort foods that are actually good for you? In Paleo Comfort Foods, authors Charles and Julie Mayfield introduce recipes that not only classify as “comfort food”, but also fit into the paleo, primal and gluten-free diet way of eating.
With paleo guidelines and principles, as well as over 100 recipes with full color photographs, Paleo Comfort Foods can help individuals eat healthy, lose weight and find their way in the paleo lifestyle.
- Old fashioned comfort foods made healthy
- All recipes are 100% gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo
- Breaks down the basics of the paleo lifestyle
- Makes pantry stocking easy
- Index makes searching for recipes difficult
Make it Paleo by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason makes paleo cooking simple. With meals that are adapted from Chinese, French, Mexican and American meals, there are over 200 recipes, along with beautiful photos and notes, to help you create each recipe perfectly.
With more than just recipes, Make It Paleo also provides cooking techniques, tips for choosing the best ingredients and offers suggestions for menus for holidays and special occassions. Even novice chefs can cook gourmet paleo meals with Make It Paleo.
- Chinese, French, Mexican and American meals
- Over 200 recipes
Menu suggestions for holidays and special occasions
- A few recipes contain basic ingredients and not much flavor
Looking to make the switch to a paleo lifestyle but have no idea where to start? Then Everyday Paleo by Sarah Fragoso is for you. With detailed instructions for diving into the paleo diet, Fragoso demonstrates how eating paleo can fit every family – even the busiest ones! With a wide selection of recipes for every meal, Everyday Paleo also provides tips and tricks for common problems that may arise, such as how to stick to the paleo lifestyle even when eating out.
As an added bonus, Everyday Paleo also contains simple workout routines that can be done at the gym or at home!
- Detailed description of the paleo lifestyle
- Wide variety of recipes for every meal
- Perfect for busy families
- Bonus workouts included
- Recipes aren’t overly creative or interesting
Preparing a healthy meal can be a daunting task for busy families, which is what Tammy Credicott tackles in Make Ahead Paleo. With more than 100 paleo recipes that are ready to eat when and where you are, you will be amazed at the simple yet healthy meals you can feed your family using fresh, natural ingredients. With Make Ahead Paleo, you don’t have to spend all day slaving in the kitchen to create a delicious meal, however your family will sure think you did thanks to these amazing, flavorful recipes!
- Recipes for freezer friendly meals
- Slowcooker recipes
- Menu planning with grocery lists
- Recipes to take when traveling
- One-pan meals that can be made in a hotel room
- Desserts that freeze and travel well
- Freezer-friendly meals for busy families
- Includes slowcooker and one-pan meals
- Provides menus and grocery lists
- Time consuming meal prep
- Many recipes require partial cooking, then freezing, then more cooking to complete the meal when you are ready to eat
The paleo lifestyle might be a way to better health, however it can also wreak havoc on your wallet. In The Frugal Paleo Cookbook, Ciarra Hannah shares 100 easy, paleo-friendly recipes that won’t break the bank but will delight the entire family.
With tips for budgeting, making food ahead of time and 5 ingredient or less recipes, The Frugal Paleo Cookbook offers practical paleo dishes for everyone.
- 100 budget-friendly paleo recipes
- Tips for budgeting
- Make ahead meals
- Reviewers have commented that some of the recipes are boring or bland.
Paleo meals can sometimes be labor intensive but with One-Pot Paleo, Jenny Castaneda provides delicious paleo meals that require only one pot, pan or bowl. With casseroles, stir-fry, bakes, soups and stews, One-Pot Paleo contains over 100 recipes from different cuisines around the world. As an added bonus, One-Pot Paleo also provides allergen information as well as simple swaps so that you can tailor each meal to your specific dietary restrictions and preferences.
- One-pot meals such as casseroles, stir-fry, bakes, broils and soups
- Weekly meal prep advice to help save even more time
- Cuisine from around the world
- Recipes can be labor intensive to prep
If you are new to the paleo lifestyle or simply looking for new recipes to spice up your meal plan, the above cookbooks are a great place to start! With options for the slowcooker, one-pot meals and even freezer-friendly options that are perfect for busy families, these cookbooks make the paleo lifestyle simple, easy and of course, delicious!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.