Many of us are trying many tricks to reduce the appearance of a double chin, such as tilting your head and wearing a scarf.
One of the causes of this extra layer of fatty tissue is being overweight, but it can also be due to sagging of the skin or aging. For some people, a double chin runs in their families. Fortunately, there are natural ways to get rid of a double chin without having to face invasive measures.
Natural Remedies to Eliminate Double Chin
This article will show you simple methods on how to eliminate this baggy or loose skin without surgical procedures.
1. Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is wonderfully effective in fighting skin issues. It contains high levels of vitamin E that help in tightening and nourishing your skin. This oil can also slow down the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Apply enough wheat germ oil around your chin before going to bed. Massage the area for at least 10 minutes. Start from the bottom of your neck towards your chin. Repeat this treatment every night.
- Another option is to eat more vitamin-E rich foods, such as legumes, green leafy vegetables, brown rice, barley, soybeans, and peanuts.
- You can also buy vitamin E capsules and mix them with water. Apply the solution around your chin. This treatment is also useful for treating wrinkles as it boosts collagen production.
2. Egg Whites
Like wheat germ oil, egg whites also have a skin tightening effect, making it one of the best natural ways to get rid of a double chin. Egg white is rich in protein, which plays a major role in keeping the skin’s elasticity.
- Separate two egg whites from yolks. Whisk them in a small bowl.
- Add one tablespoon each of honey, milk, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and apply this mask around your neck and chin area.
- Leave on for about 30 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry. Follow this process once a day.
3. Chin Exercises
Exercising the affected area can help in toning and stretching your neck, jaw, and face muscles. They will also relieve stiffness, strengthen your neck muscles, and get rid of double chin.
- Neck Rotation –Turn your head clockwise and anticlockwise gently. Do up to 5 repetitions of this exercise at least twice a day.
- Pucker Up – Look at the ceiling with your head tilted back. Pucker your lips for at least 10 seconds and release.
- Tongue Press – Another exercise to eliminate the extra layer of fatty tissue is by doing a tongue press. To do this, look up towards the ceiling while pressing your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Slowly lower your head towards your chest and return to a normal position. Repeat this exercise 5 to 10 times in a row.
4. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter has the ability to enhance skin elasticity and eliminate extra fats from your face, thanks to its polyphenol content.
- Put two tablespoons of cocoa butter in the microwave and heat it up slightly.
- Massage it on your neck, chin, and face for 10 to 15 minutes. Start from the bottom of your neck working towards your chin.
- Leave it on overnight and rinse off in the morning.
- Follow this treatment every night to notice improvements.
Glycerin is commonly used for reducing the appearance of stretch marks and varicose veins. With its ability to enhance the elasticity of the skin, it is one of the best remedies to eliminate double chin and fatty face.
- In a small bowl, mix one tablespoon of glycerine, a few drops of peppermint oil, and one teaspoon of Epsom salt.
- Apply the mixture to your chin, jaw, and neck using a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for at least 10 minutes to let your skin absorb its nutrients.
- Rinse it off with cool water and pat dry.
- Follow this treatment four or five times a week.
6. Green Tea
Green tea is considered to be one of the healthiest beverages in the world. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants that can help you burn excess pounds and lose weight. Instead of coffee, you can start your day with a cup of tea.
Consider drinking up to three cups of green tea daily.
7. Chew Gum
Chewing gum can make your neck and facial muscles stronger and firmer. To successfully get rid of your double chin, it is essential to give your muscles in the area a workout.
Before making a purchase, always read the description on the packaging. Opt for sugar-free gum and avoid products that have a high sugar content.
Chew gum two or three times a day. Avoid chewing gum for extended periods as it can be bad for your jaw and face.
Lack of sleep can lead to a swollen or puffy face. It is important to get 8 hours of sleep to get rid of a double chin naturally.
Try not to drink too much water and eat before going to bed. Eating heavy meals before bedtime will make it difficult for your digestive tract to break down the food.
Refrain from using your computer, smartphone or other gadgets as these devices release blue light that disrupts your sleeping pattern.
Other tips for getting better sleep include regular exercise, relaxation and eliminating caffeine consumption by afternoon.
Final Run Through –
A double chin can be unsightly and embarrassing. However, do not fret as there are many natural ways to get rid of the extra layer of fat. By toning your facial muscles and massaging your neck area, you can eliminate double chin fast without expensive surgery.
In addition to the methods mentioned above, it is essential to switch to a healthier diet. Lower your calorie intake and avoid fatty foods.
Drink plenty of water and limit your consumption of alcohol, coffee, and other carbonated beverages. Always keep your back and neck straight to improve your posture.