Kombucha is a fairly popular health drink and chia seeds are an incredibly popular superfood. What happens when you combine the two? You get a health boosting, energy giving super drink!
Kombucha is known by the ancient Chinese as the “immortal health elixir.” It is a sweetened tea that has been fermented by a symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast known as the SCOBY. This SCOBY is also called a “mother” because of its ability to reproduce. You can continue to make kombucha over and over from the same “mother.”
Making homemade kombucha can be time consuming, but thankfully there are plenty of kombucha options available at most health food stores. This drink utilizes already made kombucha, but if you have mastered the techniques of brewing kombucha at home, then feel free to use your own! I prefer a fruity flavor for this drink, but choose whatever kombucha flavor suits you best!
Health Benefits of Kombucha
The list of kombucha benefits is fairly outstanding. While many kombucha supporters state that kombucha is a miracle beverage, the real truth is that it more so promotes health.
This drink is not a magic potion, but instead aids your body in healing itself. Kombucha gives the body what it needs to heal itself by aiding the liver in removing harmful substances, promoting a healthy digestive system, and being rich in health promoting vitamins and nutrients.
Top Benefits of Kombucha:
- Aids in digestion
- Aids in detoxification
- Increases overall energy levels and mental clarity
- Boosts the immune system with probiotics and antioxidants
- Fights arthritis and joint pain
- May help reduce the risk of cancer
- Improves metabolism and aids in weight loss
If you are interested in learning more about kombucha, check out this article for more details!
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds are, quite literally, tiny nutritional powerhouses. Filled with two times more protein than most grains and five times more calcium than milk, chia seeds are one powerful superfood. Plus, chia seeds contain high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, soluble fiber, potassium and antioxidants.
Top Benefits of Chia Seeds:
- Fights aging and protects the skin with powerful antioxidants
- Aids in digestive health
- Protects the heart by reducing inflammation and lowering blood pressure
- Boosts metabolism and burns fat
- Helps growth of bones and muscles
- May help fight breast and cervical cancer due to its omega-3 fatty acid content
Kombucha Chia Tea
Store-bought versions of this drink can be purchased, but for quite a hefty price. Making it at home not only saves you money, but also allows you to control the chia to kombucha ratio!
- 1 cup already brewed kombucha (either store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- Mix the chia seeds into the water. Stir well and cover.
- Place in fridge over night to set up.
- Stir 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chia gel mixture into 1 cup kombucha. Amount will depend on desired thickness of the drink.
- Stir well.
- Drink and enjoy!
It’s completely understandable to be a little bit wary of this drink at first. It is a strange looking refreshment, as there appear to be tiny, bug-like looking things floating in your tea.
Thankfully, the chia seeds slide right down with the tea. Don’t let the tea linger in your mouth – you’ll likely be freaked out by the texture of the chia seeds. Instead, sip the tea and swallow in a straight shot. Kombucha is a strong tea anyway, so it may take some time to get used to.
This drink really is tasty once you get used to the overall fizziness and flavor!
Tips and Tricks:
- To keep both the kombucha and chia seeds fresh, make this drink in small batches.
- Along with the chia seeds, add some diced or mashed berries for added flavor.
- Squeeze some lemon into your tea for a refreshing twist.
Enjoyed The Amazing Benefits of Kombucha Chia Tea & How To Make It? Share it with your friends so they too can follow the Superfoodsliving journey.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.