‘Walking Pneumonia’ is a rather typical name, isn’t it?
In the language of doctors, it means that type of disease that doesn’t requires the patient to be admitted in hospital. In this ailment, a person suffering from walking pneumonia doesn’t require to be hospitalized or bedridden. In fact, the person suffering from this disease might not even know about it. This disease is often treated at home by giving certain home-based medicines.
What is Walking Pneumonia?
It refers to the non-medical term to describe a mild cause of pneumonia. Being lesser dangerous in nature, it is also referred to as atypical pneumonia. This kind of lung infection is caused by bacteria known as Mycoplasma pneumonia. Patients affected by it are rarely put on bed. In fact, they are quite physically well to carry on with their routine works like hitting the gym, going to office etc.
The symptoms are quite similar to regular pneumonia but with lesser intensity. A person suffering doesn’t show any major indications while in initial stages. However, as the days pass, the major symptoms shown are chills, running nose, cough, bad throat, headache, sluggishness and body pain around chest, muscles, eyes and abdominal area.
5 Home-based Remedies for Treatment:
There are many simple and effective home remedies so as to cure this disease. Although home based, they go in a long way to cure the problem and provide relief to the sufferer. Best part is that these treatments work without showing any adverse effect.
1. One of the best home remedy is to have one tablespoon each of ginger and honey every day. Have it regularly minimum 3 times for at least a week. This results in lowering of bacteria present in lungs and respiratory system.
2. Another very good remedy is using spices like black pepper, garlic, ginger and chili powder. Take above ingredients, mix them in water and make a paste out of it. Take a cotton piece and apply the paste directly on the chest. This greatly helps in reducing the mucus and clearing the bronchial tubes.
3. Take honey, linseeds, sesame seeds & table salt. Boil two cups of water and add sesame seeds in it. Afterwards, add honey, linseeds and salt while the water is still boiling. Let the mixture to cool. Taking this concoction at regular interval helps in clearing respiratory passage.
4. If you are a smoker, then try not to smoke for few days. Smoking causes damage to the lungs and make them more no immune to infections. Some deep breathing exercises also help in controlling this ailment.
5. Always eat a well-balanced diet and exercise regularly. Prefer having foods that are rich in vitamin C and vitamin A. The vitamin supplements helps to fortify inner linings of the lungs and also acts as a protective mechanism. Also, the essential nutrients help in treating the infection and protect the body from further diseases.
By following above treatment, you will soon get over it. Besides above home treatments, try to take good amount of rest and let your body recover. Do consult with your physician and always take prescribed medicines on time. These will ensure a speedy recover from it.